Thursday, July 14, 2005

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes


FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON was about a man with a low IQ. The man's name is Charlie Gordon, and he has been chosen to have an experiment done on him to see if he gains more intelligence. It already has proved positive on a mouse named Algernon, but the doctors want to see if this test proves positive on humans. The book talks about what Charlie is feeling day in and day out.

When I first got introduced to the book, I thought it would have been very boring, but I was wrong, and I loved it. I also liked the way the author, Daniel Keyes, wrote how a mentally disabled person writes. This book was formatted from Charlie's reports that he had to do for the doctors that were there to see his progressions. I liked how Keyes wrote from Charlie's point of view, not from somebody else's. Without a doubt, I would recommend this book to everyone. -Elyse H.

No comments: